Dynamically reduce the number of applications being managed whilst ensuring users have the applications they need.
The problem with managing applications
Your users want applications available wherever they’re working, be it on a desktop, laptop or mobile device. And while it’s crucial to be able to transition to new technologies and platforms to meet their needs, providing flexibility presents a number of challenges:
- Complexity – You need to understand your users, devices and applications and how these will be transitioned to the new technology. You need a “single version of the truth” to ensure you can deliver effectively.
- Time & Cost – Traditional approaches to migration dictate that you need to wait until all your dependencies are ready before you begin to deploy. This costs time and money. You need to be able to respond to change more quickly.
- Rationalization – Applications estates grow out of control. You need to ensure that you can quickly and easily remove any unnecessary applications from the scope before migrating.
- Prioritisation – Knowing where to focus your effort for the best possible outcome is a huge challenge due to the large number of factors involved.
How do we make your life easier?
We give you a cloud-based project management portal that takes data feeds from multiple sources to manage applications, users and machines to deliver IT migrations quickly and easily. You can either administer it internally or we can manage the application rationalisation process and portal for you.
It’s typical for application estates to grow out of control over time. We help you monitor and reduce the number applications being managed whilst ensuring users have the applications they need.
Save time and money during a migration with Automated Application Prioritisation (AAP). Begin the deployment phase of the migration with just 20% of the applications complete.
Assess project readiness
The “single pane of glass” dashboard and reporting give you real-time readiness reports of departments, locations, users and computers across your estate so you know when you are ready to deploy.
AAP combined with a Readiness Assessment will mean you’re ready to begin deployment in no time at all. Built in scheduling lets you to assign users and computers to timeslots based on their readiness.
Keep users informed
This portal is your communications hub for the migration. It creates “T-minus” emails for users who are about to be migrated, user surveys for data validation and satisfaction surveys post-migration.
Control machine migrations
Machines are pivotal during some IT migrations such as server or desktop migrations. Manage machines, their applications and their users to ensure the migration is executed on time and on budget.
How does it work?
No time to learn new software? Use our managed migration service instead
1,000s of moving parts (apps, users and systems), crucial data stored across disparate systems and knowing which apps are the priority can be a real deterrent to rationalising your application estate.
Using our ‘on-demand’ managed service you can decide how much, or how little, support you need from us to alleviate the squeeze on your time and budget.
Our step by step process takes away the headache:
Identify data sources from existing systems.
Reduce applications without impacting business performance.
Prioritise the applications based on the business requirements.
Packaging, QA + UAT
See our Application Packaging service for details
Monitor readiness to migrate by location and/or department. Run “What-If” analysis and view the outcomes of different scenarios, then plan accordingly
Perform the migration.
Balfour Beatty were planning a large scale desktop transformation programme to take their estate from Windows XP to Windows 7.
11,000 users, 1,100 application and 500 locations needed to be managed closely to ensure success.
- Saved £640k by accelerating deployment schedule
- Shortened migration programme by 3 months
- Delivered more than 100% ROI within 3 months